Elder Scrolls Lore, Mr Incredible becoming uncanny

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 9/5/2022, 22:51

Daedra

Group:
TES Admin

CITAZIONE
CaityReads

M'aiq 'the Liar' is a recurring character. He is a Khajiit who, despite his name, says truthful things to the player during encounters.
In the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, during the Shivering Isles DLC, the player character takes the place of the Daedric Lord Sheogorath, Prince of Madness. This is possible due to to a process called Mantling, whereby an individual is able to replace another individual- including a deity.
Serana is a Daughter of Coldharbor, which is a type of very powerful vampire. Vampires were created by the Daedra Molag Bal, Prince of Domination. During the ceremony, Serana was 'offered' to Molag Bal, who raped her. Surviving the ceremony is how a woman becomes a Daughter of Coldharbor.
Vivec is a legendary figure from Dunmeri history, one of three God-kings collectively called the Tribunal. One of the writers for the Elder Scrolls described how Vivec's head was cut off by Molag Bal, who then had sex with the still-living Vivec over the course of 88 days.
The Dwemer, or Deep Elves, were a race of elves who have vanished from the world by the time the games take place, leaving behind ruins full of advanced technology they created. The Dwemer sought to transport themselves to Aetherius, which is something like heaven in the Elder Scrolls universe, though it is unknown if they succeeded. Humanity in the Elder Scrolls is a younger race than that of elves, though humans and dwemer did exist simultaneously to each other at one point in the past. I'm not really sure what the theory that Dwemer created humans refers to, google isn't helping much here.
Karthwasten is a town in the Reach, the westernmost Hold of Skyrim and ancestral homeland of a people called Reachmen, known in the game as Forsworn. The Empire was entering negotiations to recognize the Reach as a nation under its influence when Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak and his soldiers laid siege to the Reach's capitol city of Markarth- from here, he purportedly swept over the entire countryside with his army and put men, women, and children alike to the sword.
Dagoth Ur is the main antagonist of the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. He is a sort of god, with god-like powers owed to the mechanics of divinity in the Elder Scrolls universe. The Elder Scrolls Universe, as is later described, is a dream. Dagoth Ur, by his connection to an artifact called the Heart of Lorkhan (which is essentially the heart of the world itself), is aware of the fact that he is in a dream and by this means is able to manipulate reality directly, like how a lucid dreamer can affect their dream. Unlike Mehrunes Dagon- who wants to conquer the world, and Alduin- who wants to eat the world; Dagoth Ur wants to assimilate the entire universe into himself and then annihilate.
C0da is a resource created by one of the Elder Scrolls writers which encourages the creation of original content set in the Elder Scrolls universe which can be considered independently cannon to itself while not being officially cannon to the main series. The notion of cannon in the Elder Scrolls is particularly murky, as the games rely on unreliable narration, feature quite a lot of retcons, and also have a concept called Dragon Breaks- which essentially mean that the timeline can split and seamlessly reconverge, meaning that anything technically possible in the Elder Scrolls universe fits into a version of cannon.
Amaranth is the marriage of the concepts of a person realizing that they are in a dream and directly affecting reality (CHIM), and the idea of an individual replacing another by means of mantling, as mentioned above. The dream of the Elder Scrolls is occurring in the mind of a figure referred to as GodHead. Amaranth is the process of mantling the GodHead itself.
jvk1166z.esp was a modded file created for the Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, which as far as I know was just a mod that didn't work. The mod inspired a creepypasta, however, about a group of people who got the mod working and found a version of the world where everyone in it was dead from the start of the game, where their own health would begin to drain if they stood still, where there was an enormous dungeon which contained paintings whose images were files from the user's own folders, and where a shadowy creature was constantly hunting them. The NPCs in the story (despite having previously been described as all being dead) would sometimes say 'Watch the Sky' to players who attempt to interact with them.
Elder Scrolls is the Dream of the GodHead is essentially just what I described before. Interesting about becoming GodHead is that unlike someone who achieves CHIM and manipulates the dream directly, the GodHead is unaware that it is dreaming just like almost all mortals are unaware that they are in the dream, and is as such unable to directly affect the dream, only facilitate it.

I've read all the books in Skyrim, played through Oblivion years ago but didn't read the books, watched quite a few lore vids here on YouTube, and read through some of the more accessible Wiki articles. Elder Scrolls lore goes pretty deep so if anyone can provide any further explanations or corrections, I'd welcome it. Otherwise, here's your explanatory comment if you're interested.

Che ne pensate ragazzi? Il 90% delle cose a me erano oscure :wat:

Web  Top
view post Posted on 9/5/2022, 22:57

Fanboy della Morte

Group:
TES Staff

Per quanto mi riguarda trovo più "semplice" far finta che TES non abbia una vera e propria lore, visto anche il fatto che i retcon sono in un certo senso canonici e trattare anche la roba ufficiale che è nominata nei giochi come fanwork.
L'alternativa hurts my brain too much :asd:

1 replies since 9/5/2022, 22:51   87 views